Bush fire cause of Trade Fair gas explosion- Residents claim

Residents around the Accra International Trade Fair Centre on Thursday were in a state of shock when a gas explosion burnt and killed several people a...

Ancient Baobab trees in Southern Africa are dying, scientists blame climate change
NIGERIAN OIL UNION SEES CHEVRON JOB DISPUTE ENDING IN A WEEK
TEDxPretoria : LET’S TRAVEL AFRICA BY SINDI BUTHELEZI

Residents around the Accra International Trade Fair Centre on Thursday were in a state of shock when a gas explosion burnt and killed several people and injuring many.

Contrary to earlier reports suggesting that the gas explosion which killed six persons and injured 23 others at La in the La-Dadekotopon constituency started from the Luis Gas Filling Station, Samuel Bonsu, a vulcanizer told Adom News’ Editor, Nii Narko Dowuona that the explosion was caused by a gas leakage.

“Fire was ignited at Trade Fair. They were burning refuse close to the gas filling station And when the air blew, the burnt particles from the refuse location was blown by the mandate of the air which eventually landed at the gas site and set it ablaze.

“Later it directed itself towards the plantation I was hiding in so I took off my clothes and took to my heels,” he said.

“Meanwhile, another lady escaping for her life was knocked down by a car into a gutter. I had to go back for her. We nearly burnt together” he noted.

They further confirmed that the refuse burning incident has been reported several times by the Gas filling station but they never heeded to it.

“Trade fair is known to be burning refuse all the time. They have warned them for more than three to four times. But they never listened,” he said.

Source: Bush fire cause of Trade Fair gas explosion- Residents claim | General News 2016-12-24

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0