We’ll continue the work on second Niger bridge, says Fashola

Babatunde Fashola, minister of power, works and housing, says the federal executive council (FEC) has approved the continuation of work on the second ...

Ancient Baobab trees in Southern Africa are dying, scientists blame climate change
NIGERIA’S CAPTAIN JOHN OBI MIKEL REVEALS FATHER KIDNAPPED BEFORE WORLD CUP CLASH VS. ARGENTINA
TEDxPretoria : LET’S TRAVEL AFRICA BY SINDI BUTHELEZI

Babatunde Fashola, minister of power, works and housing, says the federal executive council (FEC) has approved the continuation of work on the second Niger bridge.

Speaking with journalists after the FEC meeting on Wednesday, Fashola emphasised the importance of the bridge in connecting the west and eastern parts of the country.

“The bridge is meant to give relief to the existing Niger Bridge and improve connectivity between the west and the east,” he said.

“The project was conceived first as a PPP with government financing but negotiations had not been concluded and it is important to continue to work there.”

Fashola said a business schedule had been approved that would enable private investors to come in to work on the bridge.

He also said council approved emergency repair works of Tambuwawa bridge between Kaduna and Kano.

Also speaking with journalists, Kemi Adeosun, minister of finance, said that the executive asked for virement from the national assembly to be able to pay staff of government agencies who were yet to receive their November salaries.

Source: We’ll continue the work on second Niger bridge, says Fashola | TheCable

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0